Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

remote Control for TV stick

Hi

Im hoping someone can help

My Tv remote stopped working suddenly so I emailed customer services who sent me out a replacement. I managed to pair it to the TV but when I went to use it the next morning it wasn’t working. I switch everything off at night and wonder whether it has had any effect although my old remote never had this issue.

When I’ve gone into the remote setting on the settings, it states the “remote is asleep” and to press the ok button but still nothing happens. I have never come across this before and wonder if anyone knows what to do????

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the NOW Smart Voice Remote has unpaired with your Stick.

See if following the instructions on this NOW help guide gets the NOW Smart Voice Remote to re- pair again.

Also try fresh batteries.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

The batteries I put in are new but I am finding they don’t last as long. I wonder if they were faulty.

I have put in a fresh set and it’s now working. How bizarre.

I’m going to buy some good quality Duracell hoping they will last a bit longer.

Thanks for your reply.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you got it sorted 👍.

I find using cheaper batteries on the NOW Smart remote when it reaches about 50% battery life or less become unresponsive.

Using better quality batteries does help with the above, but from my experience i only get 4 to 6 weeks of use before i need to replace the batteries.

I wished NOW / Roku for their non line of sight Smart Remotes used Bluetooth rather than direct wifi which eats through batteries.

My Amazon 4K Fire Stick using Bluetooth remote control gives my around 6 months of battery use before they need replacing.