cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

prime video

Hi, I know from the various existing posts that there is no Prime Video app on NowTV (even though there IS on Roku store) anyone know a way to cast Prime Video from an iPhone onto the NowTV Stick, or if it's even possible? Can you still side-load nowadays or has that been cut too?

I just went all-in with Now TV devices for every TV during black friday thinking it had access to all the services I use: netflix, nowtv, prime video, skystore, youtube. Wasn't until I had them all setup on each TV that I realised Prime Video was missing :(. Already paid for passes so I'm stuck now and gotta figure out a way to access my amazon content now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately not.  Amazon is not the only app not available on the Now stick that is available on full Roku.  You are limited in devices that support all the apps you used. This is a list of devices you can use for Sky Store.  https://www.skystore.com/n/hwtw/help/ways-to-watch LG TV (expensive option) and Chromecast (cheaper option) both allow you to watch all of the apps you do. Roku would give you the most options, the apps you use plus others.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately not.  Amazon is not the only app not available on the Now stick that is available on full Roku.  You are limited in devices that support all the apps you used. This is a list of devices you can use for Sky Store.  https://www.skystore.com/n/hwtw/help/ways-to-watch LG TV (expensive option) and Chromecast (cheaper option) both allow you to watch all of the apps you do. Roku would give you the most options, the apps you use plus others.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 I may have to swap out the nowtv sticks for Roku devices then. Chromecast is not an viable option with NowTV as it uses 2 device slots each time (the casting device AND the receiving device). I already have to run two separate NowTV accounts (and buy double passes) just to save having to unplug and plug in the sticks between each TV. Thanks anyway! Smiley Happy

I think AppleTV does all the services too but I'd need a lottery win to put one of them in each room Smiley LOL lol

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User with Chromecast if you cast first and then play it only counts as one device for Now. As far as I know Apple TV doesn't have Sky Store.   The cheapest Roku devices are only £24.99.  Not sure if you have used before but you can link the audio to you mobile and listen through headphones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would it not be easier to buy a Chromecast or Fire TV stick has Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No. A Cheap Roku is currently the best low priced device in the UK market for watching Now TV, Netflix, Amazon or UK catchup. For one the Amazon Fire stick doesn't have Now TV. The chromecast can stream from Now TV, but the experience ISN'T as good as having a straightforward remote for clicking and playing on screen, especially in a family environment where others might want to come on and off the TV on a regular basis. I'd only say grab a chromecast right now over the Roku if you intend on streaming BT Sport as well on there.