cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

picture of smart remote with voice control

Hi

I posted earlier with as yet no responses so thought maybe being a newbie i was not clear enough.   I am looking for a picture of the remote received with the Now tv stick (the one with voice control), i can find one for the old style remote but not the newer one, if anyone can send a link I would be most grateful as i can send the link to my friend and print it off for her remotely, thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Looks like Andy knocked up that handy guide picture of the remote controller himself on your link that you posted.

Unfortunately my computer skills doesn't stretch that far where i am assuming it is a power point presentation description of the buttons added to the nowtv remote controller photo.

I will tag @Andy to see if he can help you further when on the forum next and will also ask @Tony-D of the NowTV Team on here if they havd any photos of the smart remote with a description of each button which he could send to you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Link and photo here on the nowtv voice remote controller for the nowtv stick.

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/now-tv-smart-stick-wi-fi-remote?section=now-tv&category=all?section=now-tv&category=all

image_0.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Looks like Andy knocked up that handy guide picture of the remote controller himself on your link that you posted.

Unfortunately my computer skills doesn't stretch that far where i am assuming it is a power point presentation description of the buttons added to the nowtv remote controller photo.

I will tag @Andy to see if he can help you further when on the forum next and will also ask @Tony-D of the NowTV Team on here if they havd any photos of the smart remote with a description of each button which he could send to you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Schnapps that is really kind, I'm afraid as well as very limited tech skills (need to know basis only) I too have limited pc skills.

I am sure there are others who have benefited from the one that Andy did and would benefit from a similar one for the stick remote.

i have also been reading with interest about the universal remotes people are using as that maybe a better option eventually.   for now though one step at a time:)

I will wait patiently.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you Schnapps that is really kind, I'm afraid as well as very limited tech skills (need to know basis only) I too have limited pc skills.

I am sure there are others who have benefited from the one that Andy did and would benefit from a similar one for the stick remote.

i have also been reading with interest about the universal remotes people are using as that maybe a better option eventually.   for now though one step at a time:)

I will wait patiently.

@Anonymous User I don't even seem to have anything with annotations here. I tried creating one with a tablet here in the office but no way of getting it uploaded. Ill have a search around.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I may slightly hijack this thread while we wait for an annotated picture of the remote, can any Community Members tell me the function of the button to the left of the button with the microphone symbol?  That's the button with the symbol that looks like an anti clockwise arrow.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The button you are talking about is a skip back button, where it doesn't work on all Apps.

With the nowtv App when watching catch up or boxset content if you press this button once it will skip back the content you are watching by 10 secs, press it twice it will skip back 20 sec and so on with a maximum number of skips of 6 presses on the remote button which equates to 60 secs.

I suppose it is useful if you are watching something on NowTV (not live) where you just want to check something said or you missed something on screen within a 10 to 60 sec period rather than pressing the RW button on the remote.

I haven't tested this button out on the other Apps to see if it works in a similar manner.

Here's the linked thread where @Andy kindly spent is valuable time producing a photo of the nowtv smart remote controller showing a description of what the buttons do.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Remote/m-p/483735

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. and the link.

I don't know how I missed that on the forum when I was looking for the answer.

Now that I know what the button's for, I can't see me using it very often!