cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv stopped working on roku

Now tv updated a day or two ago and has stopped working on roku. I've reinstalled app and it doesn't appear anymore

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same issue as other people on this thread.

I've downloaded the updated app and I am watching on a ROKU device. Whenever I try to launch the app it just goes back to the ROKU home screen, i.e. fails to launch.

My subscription is due to renew in 3 days... I wonder if they'll fix it before then. If not, is there a way to put one's subscription on hold so as not to pay for a service that's unavailable?

Thanks,

C.

Marcus71
Scholar

Same as a number of users I cannot access NOW via my Roku Stick since last night. Have switched Roku off and reinstalled it all other Apps for all major TV channels are working fine but Now just is not loading. Has anyone been able to get answer from NOW

Have NOW Box upstairs and this works for NOW App. Is this a ROKU Issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Rocku streaming stick stopped working around 18 to 20 March 2021.  I used the online chat service which recommended a factory reset, which I did, taking a couple of hours and missing half a T20 between India and England. It still didn't work. (Other devices running the Android app were working.) Any ideas why this should be so and why no additional support from Now TV?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity are you using the older purple coloured Roku Stick model number 3500EU ?

I own three different Roku Players, two run fine with new NOW App which are the Roku Stick Plus and Roku Express which are newer and use a more powerful CPU.

Where my old purple Roku Stick which is underpowered compared to today's newer streaming Sticks will not open or run the new rebrand NOW App.

NOW are aware of it and over on Twitter they are saying they are attempting to find a fix as soon has possible.

Don't think there is a solution yet apart from wait or use a different playback device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the information. Yes my stick is the 3500EU.
Marcus71
Scholar

@schnapps 

Have checked my Roku Stick and can confirm my one is a Model 3500X and is Purple so looks as if I will have to wait till there is a fix if any.

In the meantime have purchased a new Now Smart Stick which funnily enough is Roku Powered.

Thanks for the update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I fixed my Roku stick that’s the same model as all the others in this thread and my normal now tv box. Both weren’t working and I read this Twitter feed   https://twitter.com/tinybitjewish/status/1379529341671997444 and monitored my pihole logs and allowed a bunch of requests. Bingo it worked. 

For reference the main site I had to add to my allow list was dpm.demdex.net. Can’t say why but this fixed it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do use pi_hole? Is it something you place between your modem and router? Basically a filter?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User doesn't have to do in between. Most people install pihole on their raspberrypi computers and have have them plugged in to their routers via ethernet cable. Pihole then just works as an ad blocker. But instead just being for one device it ad blocks for the whole house and all devices there.

A simple video here: (1) Block EVERY Online Ad with THIS - Pi-Hole on Raspberry Pi - YouTube

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous User , PiHole block list changed fixed my issue.