cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no power to now tv stick .

hi all. i brought a smart now tv stick around 10 months ago from Asda. had no issues using it untill yesterday when it just stopped working. no light showing on the stick but the green light in the remote control is flashing green. the stick is plugged into the power using the original power cable supplied. i have tried to use the stick on another tv but still nothing. its as if the stick itself is drawing no power. is my stick dead or burnt out?? any help would be much appreciated.  surely i shouldn't have to replace the stick after just 10 months?   

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you mean your router? My Stick doesn’t have any lights,

If your router is flashing green, your internet connection is down, so nothing will work.

In the first place, power cycle it and see if that fixes things.

If not, you will need to speak to your broadband supplier.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on my stick was ok until yesterday and I have no power at all to stick , changed ports changed leads changed usb 

RoyB
Legend

Have you tried the power supply that came with it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. There is a light o the top if my stick and now nothing  PLEASE HELP. I have tried a new cable, the original, a new plug, a USB in the tv, just nothing. Only 4 months old. No receipt, live chat is a robot and it's not an option to pick broken device. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I know this is an old post but just wondering if you solved the problem? I am having the same issue and can't seem to find any solutions to sort it