cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worth the upgrade?

I have a NOW TV Box (White) in my bedroom which works fine when I eventually get to the content I want, but the menu and interface can be very slow, and sometimes won't update the tiles until I reboot. Also the lack of a TV Guide and need to load the actual NOW TV app first is a drag.

I am just wondering whether to get one of the new sticks since the price seems good and you can get some good value bundles too.

But my main concern is whether it will represent a meaningful upgrade. I'm aware that the picture quality won't actually improve until later in the year but this is more about whether the stick will make the experience easier.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  I had the now TV black box and a couple of weeks ago I brought the new Now TV stick.

My experience of this stick is that I’m very pleased with it. I think the response time is a lot quicker than the black box so you probably would notice the difference to the white box.

I got mine from Argos , they are doing excellent bundles at the moment which means you’re getting the sick for a few pounds , They are doing the stick with the months sports pass for £30 , which meens the stick is free as you would be paying over £30 for the pass alone through now TV. Getting it this way if for some reason you’re not completely happy with it you still have the pass that will work with your white box , so I would say yes give it a try.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous Userthere's a TV guide on the smart stick. Also it's behind TV making it tidier and there is voice search. It's faster than the white box. 

Do you connect via hdmi?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really meant about the performance of the device. I'm fully aware of its capabilities.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My experience with it is a similar a performance to the Now TV Box (black), both having quad-cores. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  I had the now TV black box and a couple of weeks ago I brought the new Now TV stick.

My experience of this stick is that I’m very pleased with it. I think the response time is a lot quicker than the black box so you probably would notice the difference to the white box.

I got mine from Argos , they are doing excellent bundles at the moment which means you’re getting the sick for a few pounds , They are doing the stick with the months sports pass for £30 , which meens the stick is free as you would be paying over £30 for the pass alone through now TV. Getting it this way if for some reason you’re not completely happy with it you still have the pass that will work with your white box , so I would say yes give it a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reading my post and giving a helpful reply, rather than quoting information I could have found on any online store or review site... Or even by using my eyes 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a summer house in ma garden and sometimes struggle with connections with the black box do u think the stick ma b better thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User In theory it could as the stick supports 802.11ac which should provide better speeds at the same range as long as your router supports it, but it's difficult to tell in practice if this will improve the experience you get. I suppose it's cheap enough to try, although you could also look at solutions such as wifi extenders or Powerline adapters as I assume the summer house has power. They involve extra expense though.