cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is smart stick back in stock?

Is there any info for when the smart stick will be back in stock? 

Thanks 

19 REPLIES 19
RoyB
Legend

Hi @schnapps 

I’ve edited my post. Have another look now 🙂

That’s the third time in two weeks, though, that I have seen a link morph into something it wasn’t at the time it was posted. Hence the screenshot 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chai
Scholar 3

@RoyB 

Argos don't appear to have any stocks of the clearance sticks, just the full price ones.

RoyB
Legend

@chai 

I guess the clearance was successful then.

The interesting question, though, is why?

NowTV are out of stock of the Sticks, retailers are running their stocks down - what’s going to change?

Roku make the NowTV sticks, and they are cut-down versions of available retail Roku sticks.

So I’m hoping there’s a new Stick coming, based on the Roku Streaming Stick+, bringing 4K and HDR.  But uh-oh, that’s going to want HDCP 2.2, which I was just banging on about in another thread this morning. But then it’s OK, unless NowTV is going to blossom into using these technologies.

Maybe the HD Boost Pass testing petered out because 4K and HDR is on the way?

Yep, big shipment coming in on Porcine Airways, you mark my words....😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not sure if you are still interested or have bought the stick from elsewhere, but looking at the NowTV website offers page the NowTV smart stick is now back in stock.

https://www.nowtv.com/stick-bundles

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Sticks are still out of stock.  Is there a new device on the way?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

Nope no new NowTV device on the horizon.

The reason from what i have been told, that there is no current stock of the Stick is because NowTV are keeping some stock back for customers who are exchanging from the white box to the Stick free replacement if the white box is their primary NowTV streaming device.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Very generous of Now TV to give out £25 sticks to replace obsolete £10 boxes (which effectively cost nothing).

Be interesting to see what happens on Black Friday.

Would be nice to have a now tv streambar https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/audio/roku-streambar

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

I did ask NowTV if they did bring to market a NowTV Streambar, then put my name on the top of the hardware trial list (especially if the hardware was given out for free to test or at a reduced discounted rate to the trialists 😀).

I believe NowTV going forward are trying to simplify things in terms of hardware, supported devices and passes.

Hence the reason there is only the NowTV Stick in their hardware line up now (since they discontinued the NowTV 4K box which was a better product in my opinion, though a couple more quid more expensive than the Stick).

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Roku make the NowTV sticks, and they are cut-down versions of available retail Roku sticks.

Do Roku sticks support the 30 minute pause/rewind on live channels?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz wrote:

Do Roku sticks support the 30 minute pause/rewind on live channels?

Hi @SweetBlitz 

Based on the current Roku OS and NowTV App unfortunately not, though it would be a welcome addition on the NowTV App on full blown Roku Players.