cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When does smart stick stop streaming data

Does the smart stick stop streaming data if you swap to the TV tuner or a different HDMI input, or do you have to come out of the app first to stop it using data.

5 REPLIES 5
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It will stop streaming eventually. However the best practice is to press Home when you want to stop watching Now TV. This will ensure it stops streaming right then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Thought that would probably be the case
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought that might be the case. Not sure it is going to solve my problem though. It is for my father in law in a nursing home and using mobile broadband so need to try and limit the data usage. Unfortunately getting him to learn to do certain things before just changing “channel” might be problematic.nd the only unlimited data provider doesn’t have coverage in that area.

thanks anyway.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No idea if this would be in your budget, or even if it’s worth considering, but a Logitech Harmony Hub would solve the problem. It can be programmed to issue a “Home” command when switching away from the NowTV smart stick. Since it can control multiple devices at once it would, at least, reduce the number of remotes needed to just one. In the past I’ve tried several different universal remotes but this one is, in my opinion, by far the best. Especially as it can control 15 devices.

I’m not sure if they still call it “Hub” or if it has a new name.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, I will take a look. trouble is that he is 90 so learning anything new is tricky.