cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Voice Search

What am I doing wrong on using Voice search?

NOWTV SMART STICK

TV shows prog suggestions when I give input;

I try to select one I want; using either "OK" or "play" buttons

doesn't start required programme🙄

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Geluk 

It might be a glitch / bug or the TV show has been taken off the NowTV service but the voice search software is still showing the title under the search.

Out of curiosity what TV show are you searching for and does other TV shows encounter the same problem ?

What happens if you search by text instead of voice does the same thing happen ?

Voice search is not that great on NowTV, where once the search results are found, you still have to navigate using the remote controller key pad buttons to get to the season and episode you want to watch.

Geluk
Expert 2

Tried "FBI" & "The Trade"; both current.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Geluk 

Hi haven't got access to my devices with NowTV voice search at the moment to check if these two shows are showing the same issue my end.

Perhaps another Community Forum member can check the voice search on their NowTV Stick with regards to these two TV shows and post back if they are experiencing the same problem.

Do the two shows in question work via the text search method on your Stick ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Geluk 

Just checked my NowTV Stick and the voice search has changed since i used it last.

Don't know if this is by design when using the latest software.

When i tried FBI a message popped up on screen saying "Leaving NowTV" with two options to select Go now or Stop.

I selected the go now option and FBI was one of the three results, clicked on FBI and navigated to Season 1 Ep 1 and it played fine for me.

Also if i ignored the "Leaving Now" pop up screen once the 8 second counter went to zero it automatically took me to the three FBI search results.

I don't use voice search that often, but i am sure it didn't work like this before and if the voice search software recognised the TV show title it would go straight to the main populated results on screen.

I tried "The Trade" where it took about 3 or 4 goes before it recognised my Welsh accent, but once it did The Trade S1 Ep1 also played for me once i navigated to the relevant TV show and Season number.