cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Used tv sticks

Can I buy a second hand tv stick, reboot it and add it to my account. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming the Fire Stick is an older generation one ?

I have the first generation Fire Stick and first generation Fire TV box and neither of these support the NOW App.

These Amazon devices are supported according to the information taken off the NOW Help article.

• Amazon Fire TV: 2nd generation (2015), 3rd generation (2017)
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick: 2nd generation or later, Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
  • Amazon Fire TV Cube: 2nd generation (2019)
  • Amazon Fire TV Edition Soundbars: Nebula Soundbar (2019).
  •  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep that shouldn't be a problem if the NOW Stick is still functional and not broken in some way.

If the Stick hasn't been already factory reset by the previous owner, then the cleanest way is to factory reset it and setup from fresh (using your own wifi Network and wifi password plus your NOW account login details).

To factory reset the Stick, hold in the small reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst powered up and follow the on screen instructions on your television screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

How much are second hand NOW Sticks going nowadays where on places like Ebay they was going for silly money the last time i checked and not worth the price asking ?

If it is more than £20 then if it was me look at something like a new Roku Player or Amazon Fire Stick (unless you already have a NOW Stick and like all the features on it such has voice remote, TV volume buttons on the remote etc etc).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A friend is selling one for £10. We have an Amazon stick but doesn’t appear to have now tv on it. Only really want it for the sports as I’ve just cancelled all our sky subscriptions as getting ridiculously expensive. Just going to get the day passes for the odd game we watch. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it's £10 and working with the remote and power adapter / USB standard to USB micro cable included then you won't find anything cheaper at that price 😃.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming the Fire Stick is an older generation one ?

I have the first generation Fire Stick and first generation Fire TV box and neither of these support the NOW App.

These Amazon devices are supported according to the information taken off the NOW Help article.

• Amazon Fire TV: 2nd generation (2015), 3rd generation (2017)
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick: 2nd generation or later, Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
  • Amazon Fire TV Cube: 2nd generation (2019)
  • Amazon Fire TV Edition Soundbars: Nebula Soundbar (2019).
  •  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think we’ve had it a couple of years. Thanks very much for all your help. I’m not very tech savvy really. Just the basics haha.