cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update

Hi, I have a now TV stick and the now 4K box .

Today I had updates to do on both of my now TV devices.

Since doing these updates my  App Store has disappeared and my settings box has disappeared.

So unable to download any more apps and unable to go into the settings menu because of this Has anyone else having this problem.

seems very strange as every thing was there before the update was done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

One or two people on the forum have also noticed this.

Here's one thread example linked below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/App-Store-and-settings-missing-from-NOW-stick/m-p/566708#M7748 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

One or two people on the forum have also noticed this.

Here's one thread example linked below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/App-Store-and-settings-missing-from-NOW-stick/m-p/566708#M7748 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  Thank you for your quick reply, Yes by pressing the back button brings up the settings and App Store. Problem solved.

Thank you.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ideally the Apps Store and Settings should be showing on both the bottom of the NOW home screen, or by pressing the back button on the remote whilst on the home screen page.

When i have a spare 5 minutes over the weekend i will check my NOW 4K Smart box and NOW Stick to see if the latest software update has removed the Apps Store and Settings tile box on the bottom of the home screen grid row.

If i am encountering the same issue, i will report it to the NOW Community Manager to pass on to the relevant NOW Dept to look into further.

In the meantime just use the back button workaround.

i am guessing the forced software update didn't help ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

i have just checked my NOW 4K Smart box and currently running software version 10.0.3 build 4091-68 which i believe is the latest version where if you highlight a tile box with content on it the background screen now shows artwork with further information about the content.

With this latest software version i am not also seeing the My Apps, Apps Store or Settings tile boxes on the bottom grid row of the home screen.

Not sure if this is by design because there are other tile boxes still there on the bottom of the grid row, so maybe it's a software glitch.

i will make the NOW Community Manager aware of it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps   Pressing the back button works on my Stick and 4 k box , but I have all so got now TV  on  my LG smart TV.

The settings is missing on that and App Store as well, ###### there  isn’t a back button on the TV remote like there is on the stick and box . 
so it would be a lot better if they could revert it back to the bottom of screen as  before the update .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don't get the Settings tile or Apps Store tile with the NOW App on LG Smart Televisions, where these are included on NOW branded devices only.

For example My Apps and Apps Store you use your own LG Smart Store and Settings relates to the setup and information from the NOW Boxes and NOW Sticks hence it's missing on other devices including the NOW App on LG Smart TV's.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have sent The Community Manager a message about the missing My Apps, Apps Store, Settings with regards to the latest software on the NOW Sticks and NOW Boxes.

It might be intentional so the bottom layout looks similar to other non NOW  branded playback devices and in the future NOW expects the user to use the back button on the home screen to reach these three features not found on other playback devices such has your LG Smart TV NOW App for example .

Once i get an answer i will update this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @That’s great, Thank you again for your help.