cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unknown Page Error

So after the joy of failure to connect we now have the screen turning blue mid program and the message "unknown Page error" popping up.

188 REPLIES 188
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @happynowtvuser 

I'm clarifying the situation with the teams at the moment and will update this thread as soon as I hear back.

Thanks

Simon

Community Manager

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J 

Sorry that’s rubbish, nobody is working on it. This is the explanation I have been given he the tech team:

As the NOW TV Smart Stick is bought from Argos & was purchased in May 2019, it seems that the NOW TV Smart Stick is faulty”

it doesn’t even make sense

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Whilst I can understand your frustration to the device not functioning properly, in my personal opinion I think the Now TV stick is a very poor device in comparison to the Roku stick.

If I were you my next purchase would be a Roku stick and using the Now TV stick as a backup or for travelling.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
happynowtvuser
Scholar

This is an error page for the NowTV Stick

Some people like me use the NowTV Stick cos you can rewind sports

Thanks for your opinion though

ukbobboy
Legend

Captain, we have a new problem (as Lt. Cmdr. Geordi La Forge said to Captain Picard).

It seems that whenever I access this forum it suffers from another problem, right now I cannot access any of the help pages, they just vanish when I enter them.

Simple question, doesn't Now TV commissioned programmers test their updates before releasing them onto the live system?  Simply because every update brings with it a problem or two that has to be fixed and seems to bestow more of a negative user experience than a positive one.

OK, not gonna jump up and down about this one, I'll just cross my fingers and hope that the forum help pages, and the TV viewing pages, settle down and get fixed in the next few days.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh, the conflicted sympathies here...

I agree a robust testing protocol and programme is an absolute requirement, BUT

there is also the side of me who remembers what it was like to try to roll out systems and updates to 1700ish users who were pretty much on the same configuration of hardware. NOWTV tech staff won't have anywhere near that luxury.

Hope it all resolves soon.

Let's be positive. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good Morning.

Well, after my nostalgic bout of empathy yesterday evening it's a new day and I've just had my first Unknown Page Error of the day at 0930 exactly during live rugby.

On and on it goes.......

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Morning Juliet

And wow, sorry to hear that you've been hit.

While I am not watching any TV at the moment, just playing some music, I intend to do some binge watching later on. 

Hope Now TV get their act together and get these problems fixed before rolling out any more (unwanted) "improvements".

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Juliet

You said, "...remembers what it was like to try to roll out systems and updates to 1700ish users". I know where you're coming from because I too have been there, I've even had to deal with PCs, which rolled off the factory line one after the other, i.e. with consecutive serial numbers, behaving differently when enhanced with identical peripherals. 

However, it does become very irritating when every Now TV enhancement brings a whole new range of problems, especially when your equipment, as users, hasn't changed.  Also, as Now TV roll out updates like secret military manoeuvres, you never know when and what's going to happen.

Now, if you check your Private Stats, held by this forum, you will see information about the IT Kit "you" personally use. This valuable data tells Now TV what IT Kit their users are actually using. So I would expect that a representative sample of their user's Kit would be used to perform preliminary tests on before updates and fixes are released onto the live system.

But since Now TV's pre-roll out regime is so secret we don't /can't really know why so many bugs are getting onto their system.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Of course there is the other side to my statement as well; if I had left my users with a buggy system, little to no communication and an open-ended fix schedule I would have expected to have early sight of my P45.

Juliet