cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unknown Page Error

So after the joy of failure to connect we now have the screen turning blue mid program and the message "unknown Page error" popping up.

188 REPLIES 188
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not got a clue i dread going on live chat its same old thing reset and all that .

it was weeks the last time lets hope now tv sort it out 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
hi uk bobboy
are you getting this unknown page error to
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Dan

Yeah, I used to and, like you, my head was well and truly done in but it only lasted for a week or so.

But at the mo, as I watch only two or three shows a night, I don't seem to be affected anymore (there you go, I've just gone and jinxed it).

Anyway, as I'm jamming to my music and getting my drink on, right now I'm OK.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Dan

JINXED

At just before midnight I switched over to Now TV, on my Smart TV, and I was immediately greeted by the spinning coloured balls of doom, followed a few minutes later by a black screen and Now TV is currently unavailable.  I also tried to get into Now TV by using my Roku 3, but that didn't work either.

I tried to get onto this forum but that was down also and only now, some 2+ hours later, the forum software seems to be working properly again.

What I would like to know is, what can take out the TV network and this forum at the same time and how soon can Now TV do something to fix this problem?  

Surely, Now TV would not run their separate systems on the same server.

Regardless of how Now TV run their servers, this "spinning balls of doom" problem is growing and therefore becoming more urgent with each passing day.  Hopefully, they'll buckle down and get this thing fixed asap.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thats same as what iam getting had to switch now tv stick off then on so fed up with this error

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Dan

Guess what, I'm now watching Now TV via my Roku 3 because I can't get by the black screen on my Smart TV

I believe either my Smart TV's Now TV app is well and truly cooked or, more likely, something is well and truly wrong with the way streaming communication from Now TV is interpreted by certain devices. For example, my Roku 3 is now fine, it couldn't work last night, but my TV only displays a black screen, which will no doubt lead to "Now TV is currently unavailable".

Maybe I've got this wrong but regardless something is seriously wrong.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi uk Bob 

I had this again yesterday  when watching golf

Hope it wont be doing it when the football is on over weekend  .its not nice to have to keep switch off and on all the time  

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Dan

Tried Now TV this morning, on my Smart TV, and to my surprise it worked, right now I'm watching For Life (and I'm enjoying it).

So for now, Now TV is working perfectly, don't know how long for but I hope it's permanent.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi bob

no error saturday then this morning was ok to 11am then screen went black and i had to switch off then on was on sky sports main avent

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Dan

Managed to watch 6 episodes of For Life this morning, so far so good, but when I tried to watch SWAT at just after 11.00pm I got the blue screen of death with an unbudgeable Unknown Page Error.  

And that's the end of my Now TV viewing for today.

This is utterly ridiculous.

UK Bob