cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F1
Scholar

Re: Unknown Page Error

Tired of it and the quite frankly appalling support.  I keep getting asked the same thing by different support staff.  Like where did I buy the stick and provide proof of purchase for example!

JulietHotel
Scholar

Re: Unknown Page Error

@Simon-J 

1300, right on the dot 🙀

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

Spinning Coloured Balls of Doom followed by the ubiquitous Unknown Page Error

Yes people, watching episode 12 of "Prodigal Son" on my Samsung Smart TV, and enjoying it too, when about 10 minutes in I got those spinning coloured balls. I foolishly thought that this will soon clear, as it has usually done over the past couple of weeks, but then after a minute or two I got the blue screen of death followed by "Unknown Page" error and a frozen screen that was difficult to exit.

I don't obviously know how Now TV plans to roll out their fixes and updates but I do hope that they concentrate on rolling out fixes first, rather than so-called improvements because there are so many problems users want sorted, i.e problems preventing us from enjoying the service we are paying for.

Anyway, as they don't tell us which bug is going to be squashed first or even when, it ends up being a waiting game.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

Re: Spinning Coloured Balls of Doom followed by the ubiquitous Unknown Page Error

Stupid "Unknown Page Error" actually crashed my Now TV app on my smart TV, actually had to switch off my TV for 30 or so minutes to get the working app back. However, after the app starting working again I was able to finish watching "Prodigal Son" without any further problems.

At this point, I really don't know if this "Unknown Page Error" problem still exist or if it was just a glitch.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
JulietHotel
Scholar

Re: Spinning Coloured Balls of Doom followed by the ubiquitous Unknown Page Error

Might still exist...

bang on 1500 today I got the error again.

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@JulietHotel 

Hi JH

You were right, was having a Blind Spot binge watching session this morning, when the Spinning Coloured Balls of Doom appeared at 3:02 am. So rather than wait for the inevitable Unknown Page Error and following crash I turned off my TV, hoping that 30 minutes later the problem will vanish like it did last time.

So not a glitch, as hoped, but a real deep seated problem the techie boys at Now TV should urgently do something about.

Once again, I hope they concentrate on fixing problems rather than trying to roll out new features.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Hey Peeps

Had a long BlindSpot sesh last night/this morning, about 5 or so hours worth, and guess what, absolutely no "Spinning Coloured Balls of Doom" or "Unknown Page Errors".

Not gonna say anymore in case I jinx it.

UK Bob

sdan10
Scholar 3

the spinning coloured balls an the unknowen page error  might have been fixed i hope.

i ts been few days watching sky sports and no errors !

0 Thanks
JulietHotel
Scholar

Might not have been fixed, too.

I just got finished rebooting from the 1800 crash during the IPL.

I will say that the frequency seems to have lessened, but in my house at least it is nowhere near gone.

0 Thanks
TracyT
Advocate

Why is this damn thing still happening? I cannot watch anything. I was getting round it by going by my apps and selecting NowTv from that and seemed to work but I can’t even find the app now 🤷🏻‍♀️ So go through the usual way and it messes up all the time. Appalling service 

0 Thanks