cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch anything on laptop or stick

When  deciding on a programme i click on it the black screen comes up and then goes. This is the same for my laptop and stick however have no issues on my phone

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is the phone getting Now OK through the same WiFi as the laptop and stick, or on your 3/4/5G?

If the latter, try the phone on your WiFi, and report back.

If the phone works on 3/4/5G, but not on WiFi, this would point to a problem with your broadband.

Is everything else fine over your WiFi?

Who is your ISP?

If it is Now, then go into Broadband Buddy and tell it you are an adult.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. It’s noting to do with WiFi provider as I have changed provider. Both tv and stick are run off the same WiFi as the phone. Phone is working no problem.

Now is not my provider, I was on live chat for 3 hours yesterday and had no luck talking to anyone that’s why I tried here

Reply | Accept as Solution | Say thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to restore the NOW stick back to factory settings?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User are you running pi hole or another form of ad blocking on your router?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say that you click on a programme you want to watch then the screen goes black on your NOW Stick or PC, is it for a split second and do you see a spinning circle for about two or three seconds ?

If so, then this is how the NOW content starts up on my devices such has my Youview box, NOW box etc.

Don't use a smartphone or tablet to watch NOW so don't know if the start up or swapping live NOW channels works differently.

Should it be that the screen goes black for longer and no sign of the blue spinning circle, then out of curiosity are you also using your PC with the television via a HDMI port or are you using the inbuilt screen on the laptop ?

if both devices are connected directly to the television via HDMI, then would you have another television to temporary test out ?

Edit - Just read your heading saying " Unable to Watch Anything ", so ignore my first couple of paragraphs, though i would be tempted to try another television with your Stick, plus if you have mobile data, temporary test the Stick using your smartphone has a wifi hotspot.