cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to login via virgin

I'm 99% certain that nowtv is blocking my IP as I can login to my account via my mobile phone, but not via my virgin line or its WiFi.

My nowtv stick just keeps coming up "we can't log you in right now, please try again later" 

I think it has something to do with when I went to renew my passes and saw that there were offers on (reduced rates for 6 months etc...) so tried to add them. But when it came to purchase, the system registered I had a running account so couldn't check them out.

Basically, will the IP get unblocked automatically if I leave it a few days or do I need someone to manually do it? And if so, how do I go about getting it done?

Cheers! 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in exactly the same situation and am currently being bounced around the Live Chat (4th person who appears to have fallen asleep).

Happened around 4 days ago, everything else works perfectly fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having been bounced around the Live Chat and getting nowhere I got frustrated and registered a complaint. 

Now all of a sudden everything is working this morning... Coincidence?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies guys. I've just tried it now and it's all working again! 

I have never used a VPN so we could possibly rule that out as the reason for blocking?

I messaged them to say that it's definitely a problem with my IP last night (I had to do it via a help feedback option as the live chat button doesn't work while on chrome). 

It all seems really odd. Has Virgin p*ssed thrm off at some point? 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s interesting. I have spent HOURS trying to get my Smartstick(s) to work with the help (I’m not sure that help is the right word) of the live chat team. I was thinking that the problem might be my Panasonic TV - maybe it is my Virgin WiFi. I’m about to switch providers, so I might find out. I have suggested to the ‘help’ team that it might be either the WiFi or TV but they seem totally unable to comprehend this possibility, they just keep sending another Smartstick. I have 3 now. I raised a complaint about the waste of my time, patiently explaining that if there are incompatibility issues the team should be able to diagnose these rather than continue wasting everyone’s time. You’ll never guess what the response is. They are sending another f***ing Smartstick. Unbelievable!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are quite a few threads on VM, Sky and other forums where people are having issues with login to NowTV.

A lot of them mention being blocked for VPN usage. I used a VPN to test NowTV (After trying everything else including tethered to mobile and used on another VM connection which both worked) and set it to the UK and everything worked, so all pointed to blocked at Sky/NowTV. Just persevere and point out that you've spoken to your broadband provider and it is not them and mention the "error 288". 

Do a search of "virgin media skyid error 288". This was the issue that I had when attempting to access the site to login. I knew that it was nothing to do with the stick or my connection. So I told them in my complaint that it appears that they were actively blocking/filtering my IP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Plusnet broadband has just gone live & hallelujah!, NowTV is working. It was the WiFi, not the Panasonic TV. If only the help team had actually been able to help....

Oh well, if ever my Smartstick goes wrong, I have 3 spares.