Unable to get ITV, BBC, CHANNEL FOUR etc only SKY channels

New smart stick unable to get channeks other than SKY ie no BBC,ITV CHANNEL 4

Any  suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you referring to the over the air Freeview TV channels or the BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 Apps ?

If you mean the Freeview channels then the nowtv smart stick doesn't have an inbuilt Freeview tuner, where you would need a nowtv smart box with a connected TV aerial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

New smart stick unable to get channeks other than SKY ie no BBC,ITV CHANNEL 4

Any  suggestions

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You wouldn't be able to get the Freeview over the air channels on the nowtv smart stick.

Only the first generation nowtv smart box with an inbuilt tuner can receive the Freeview channels via connecting the box to a TV aerial.

Your only options with the stick is to use the BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play App (where only the iplayer and ITV hub offer live channels).

There is also the Pluto TV App, where for some unknown weird reason some people have reported they can get 15 number Freeview channels via the internet on this App, where others can't seem to get these 15 TV channels (only channels 101 to 141 that are obscure TV stations i think from America which i have never heard of).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NOW TV Smart box and a NOW TV Smart stick. Within Pluto the box gets BBC one etc. but the Stick only gets America channels 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apparently the Pluto App pulls the signal from your TV aerial and Freeview tuner off the nowtv smart box where these 15 number or so TV channels are then shown inside the Pluto App TV Guide.

Hence the reason it doesn't show these UK teresterial channels on the nowtv stick or other nowtv boxes apart from the generation 1 nowtv Freeview smart box.

Pretty pointless if you ask me when you can use the main TV Freeview tuner on your smart box.

Was hoping it took the teresterial TV channels from an internet feeed (which is not the case) then it would have been a stella App to use if you had problems with your TV Freeview reception in your post code area or didn't have a TV aerial fitted at your property.