cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two stick updating software and builds differently?

We've got two Smart Stick in the same house and same network. Both are software 9.2.3 but the builds (and UI) differ, 5136 and 4136.

I now have two sticks with different user interface and despite frequent refreshes to update them, they persist on different software builds. 

Can anyone assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firmware rollouts are usually done in batches based on the device serial numbers, so i would expect your second stick to get the new firmware update in the next possible 24 to 48 hours.

You could try a forced software update on the second stick, just in case the firmware is ready to be installed.

Try step 6 in this guide, if no joy, be patient and it should happen soon.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Steve411
Scholar

Hi there,

Firstly, I don’t work for Sky or NowTV, I am a customer like yourself who came with a few ideas to try and improve NowTV after being a Sky Tv customer. 
What device are you using, stick or box?

Have you had the 5136 update, if not do a manual one, 

My stick just comes up with an option at the bottom, next episode if I want to watch it, it won’t automatically play until I press that option. 
it is up to you to stay with NowTV or not, I have Prime and Netflix as well but I’d miss my cinema and entertainment passes.

you could try a factory reset on the stick if the update doesn’t work if you are still on 4136. 
press * 5 times

press the fast forward 3 times

then the rewind twice and you will get the secret menu. 
update software. 
Let me know how you get on.

if anyone else has any ideas, please add your suggestions. Cheers 

Steve411
Scholar

I tried a manual update yesterday and the other two sticks updated to 5136. Over two weeks after first stick. Update occurs in batches according to serial numbers. 👍🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank for this, I don't like the new update so am gonna use this to go back to the old version 🙂

Steve411
Scholar
Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2
Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
Here it says update from 5136 to 4136 and you can backdate it.
Press OK, even if you already have the latest version.
I like the new update so I’m
Leaving it but at least here you have a choice.