cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two stick updating software and builds differently?

We've got two Smart Stick in the same house and same network. Both are software 9.2.3 but the builds (and UI) differ, 5136 and 4136.

I now have two sticks with different user interface and despite frequent refreshes to update them, they persist on different software builds. 

Can anyone assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firmware rollouts are usually done in batches based on the device serial numbers, so i would expect your second stick to get the new firmware update in the next possible 24 to 48 hours.

You could try a forced software update on the second stick, just in case the firmware is ready to be installed.

Try step 6 in this guide, if no joy, be patient and it should happen soon.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Steve411
Scholar
I had it one of my three sticks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone had one of the freeview boxes update?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yes, my 4K smart box updated this morning. Still waiting for my second stick and Smart Box with Freeview to get their updates. So the boxes are being updated along with the sticks. You just have to wait until your box/stick eventually meets the update criteria (possibly based on type and serial number range - just guessing).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How are you finding the new update??

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I’m loving it. Now that my main stick and box have the same interface, switching between them means I know where everything is. One thing that I like is the “search & options” bar on the home screen now works, after years of it being greyed out on the home screen. 
Just don’t look for the NowTV app in My Apps, as it isn’t there since it’s now the UI and therefore can no longer be deleted. As if anyone would.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You able to take any pic of new ui on the updated box??

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi, @Anonymous User If you look at my post on the first page of this thread, then the images, although from a stick, are identical to the 4K smart box. When the Smart box with Freeview box gets updated, I might be persuaded to post pictures of that if different.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone received the new UI interface update on Now Tv Smart Box with Freeview.

Steve411
Scholar

Will my sticks  just automatically update? I did a manual one and it updated one of my 3 sticks to 5136. My other 2 remain on 4136. I know it’s to do with serial numbers as NowTV will send the update in batches. People say within 24/48 hours of previous stick, but mine has been over 2 weeks now. Any ideas anyone.
cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go into a series I have been watching, it is not allowing me to select the next episode in the series.

I have to go to the App Store, select now app to then be able to view the next episode.

Please put Now back in the list of main apps, if you want me to continue to be customer.