cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible sound quality on NOW TV stick

Just started using the NOW TV smart stick and the sound quality is absolutely awful. Background noise and music far too loud, voices quiet and muffled, practically unwatchable. Have adjusted the settings which have improved things a little but still very poor. From a search on this forum it looks like this is a common problem. Feel aggrieved at having paid for the device and subscription.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Return the device and spend a little more to get an Amazon fire stick. 

The app for me is miles better on the Amazon stick than the NOW stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks @gavs82008 I’ll definitely do that but would rather NOW TV made a decent product!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As much as I’d want to agree with you, it’s about time NOW have focused on their app instead of creating devices from a Roku lineup.

Thankfully since being owned by Comcast it certainly seems to be the way things are heading. Don’t see any new devices being released considering they have removed the NOW stick from the website. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried the NOW TV app on a Firestick (already had one) with little to no improvement. Other apps on the same tv are fine. Can only conclude it is the NOW TV app. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you adjusted the Stick settings did you press the star button on the NOW remote when watching some NOW content, where a Volume levelling pop up setting comes up on screen which gives you three modes to choose from. 

The three Volume modes give a slightly different noise level performance. 

Might be worth a try if you haven't already done it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Yep, done that and the audio settings in the main menu. Got a slight improvement compared to the original settings but still very poor 😕