cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

Hi

I'm not sure if I have the right heading for this question I'm sure someone will put me right, the problem I have is I have subtitles on the Gold channel only and would like to turn them off can anyone help please.

Devil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi schnapps

The subtitles are on every program and only on the Gold channel.
They are not on any on demand channels nor forced subtitles being forced to
Now TV Stick.
These episodes do not have fixed subtitles; nothing has been switched on on
the Now TV Stick.
I have captions mode switched to off in the settings.

I have been in touch with UK TV that own the Gold channel and they think
there maybe be a fault on their side and are going to look into this
matter thank you for you time and help schnapps.

Please stay well and safe best wishes

Mark2712

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Check out this link, hopefully it will help you turn off the subtitles.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

Got a NOW TV Box or NOW TV Smart Stick? Just start watching the movie or show, and press the star (*) button on your NOW TV remote. 

Alternatively, use the arrow buttons on your NOW TV remote to select the speech bubble symbol in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

If you're watching NOW TV on a Samsung TV, EE TV, Playstation, Xbox One or Apple TV, just select the speech bubble symbol using either your console or TV remote.

Keep in mind On a PS4, Xbox One, LG TV or Samsung TV, subtitles will be switched on for all shows and movies until you exit the NOW TV app. On other devices, subtitles might be switched off when you watch a different show or movie.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like UKTV have sorted it.. woke up this morning to no subtitles... WOOHOO 🥳🥳😁

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the subtitles only happening on one particular show or episode on Gold or on every show under the Gold on demand channel ?

What about the other NowTV Entertainment on demand channels, is there any subtitles being forced on your NowTV Stick ?

Might be an episode that has fixed subtitles that needs looking at by NowTV if subtitles was an option to switch on.

Normally under the NowTV Stick you can disable subtitles, by going into the Stick Settings, then click on Captions, then click on "Capitions Mode" to Off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's only on gold... It's not now TV it's the channel, I've tried everything including resetting the box but it's still there

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I noticed another thread started on here, since my previous post this morning, plus i have seen a tweet over on the NowTV Twitter feed about the same subject in the last hour or so.

Just checked my NowTV Freeview Smart box and Youview box watching Last of the Summer Wine on the Gold live channel and everything looked fine to me.

So it must be hardware related on different NowTV platforms.

Live Chat would be your best bet to report the problem and getting it fixed.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the Freeview box as well... I'm watching last of the summer wine.. with subtitles lol... Some adds have them and some don't... Baffled 🤪🤪🤪🙃

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's weird.

Just checked my NowTV Freeview box again and there is still no subtitles showing for me when watching Last of the Summer Wine on the live Gold NowTV channel via the NowTV Now & Next TV Guide.

Live chat will be your best bet, obviously there is some sort of problem that seems to be effecting customers who have reported it on the NowTV Community Forum and over on NowTV Twitter.

The person over on NowTV Twitter reported all their devices was effected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

live chat were useless...kept telling me to turn off the subtitles using the S button which doesn't appear on the app or on my remote..... seemed oblivious to the thread here or on twitter relating to it

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi All

I have been in touch with UK TV the owners of the Gold Channel and they are
saying this may be a fault on their systems and will look into it. It only
seems to be happening on certain ways of receiving the Gold Channel not
everybody is having the problem.

Mark2712