cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuck on new software change list

Hi guys, purchased a Now tv stick yesterday working fine upto this morning, a display came up on the tv screen “New Software Change list” and it won’t let me accept the new update, I’ve reset Stick and reloaded my info and again it’s happened can anyone help me The screen it just stuck on the new software change list 😫😫

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, see if step 6 in this linked guide makes any difference.

Update the software even if it shows the same version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

If that doesn't work maybe try a reboot on your Router and Stick.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, see if step 6 in this linked guide makes any difference.

Update the software even if it shows the same version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

If that doesn't work maybe try a reboot on your Router and Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for info didn’t work I’ve rebooted our WiFi reset the stick and reinstalled 3 times still come up with same messsge and won’t let me accept the update screen just freezers .. I’m loose the will to live 😫

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a full factory reset on your Stick and start again from scratch by holding in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds whilst the Stick is powered on ?

Also have you tried temporary hooking up the Stick to another television (if you own one) to see if the same symptoms persists ?

Have you tried the Stick with the supplied power adapter plug rather than using the power off your television USB port.

Apart from that i am out of ideas apart from contact live chat or get a replacement from the Retailer you bought the Stick from.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another long shot, do you own a smartphone with mobile data on it ?

If so, see if using your phone as a temporary wifi hotspot with the Stick to see if it lets you get past the software update message, then after the new software has been uploaded switch back to the wifi on your Router.