cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick not connecting with Virgin wi fi

I have recently moved providers from BT to Virgin and since doing so found my stick no longer works. We subscribe to Disney + and use the stick as a means of watching it on our tv.

When we select the input the stick loads up but says that the Now TV box isn’t connected go to settings, but then nothing else happens as in when I click ok to do this the stick doesn’t respond.  I have to use my mobile phone as a remote because the original got broken, this has never been an issue and it says that it’s connected. Any help, advice greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Gazza

Have you changed the Network/wi-fi name and password, on the stick, from the ones you were using with BT to the ones you are using now with Virgin?

If you have then your best bet is to factory reset the stick, back down to zero, and fill in your new details, i.e. start again with your new Virgin info.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can’t get to the settings on the stick to change the name or anything.  Can I factory reset the stick by pressing something on it like you do with tablets 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's a little more tricky if you have lost the physical remote that comes with the Stick and i wouldn't recommend factory resetting the Stick without the NowTV physical remote.

You need a physical NowTV remote to setup the Stick again from a full factory reset.

Have you still got the BT Router ?

If so you could try plugging in the BT Router at the electrical mains (do not connected to the internet) and see if you can then use the Roku App on your smartphone by logging into the SSID wifi network and password from the old BT Router.

Then once connected to the BT Router, see if the Roku App on your smartphone can navigate to the Stick Settings and under Network select the Virgin Hub Router details.

Then if the Stick connects to the Virgin Router over wifi, swap the smartphone Wifi details back over to your Virgin Router wifi network and disconnect the power to the old BT Router that is now not required.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We don’t have the BT router as we had to return it.  My son has a stick and remote on his TV upstairs, would that remote let me access the settings.  Can I pair that one up  and then Chang  we settings on the phone app to use?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Borrowing the NowTV Stick remote from your son just to change the network settings onto your Virgin Router should do the trick.

You may have to temporary re-pair the NowTV remote with your Stick.

There is some instructions in this linked article on how to re -pair the NowTV voice smart remote.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

Then if you don't want to buy a replacement remote for your Stick, then keep using the Roku App on your smartphone (just remember not to factory reset the Stick unless your borrow your sons NowTV Stick remote again).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice, I’ll try my sons later. fingers crossed,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help, sorted it thanks.  I used my sons remote and it connected fine so I’ve set up my iPhone to use it

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User& @schnapps for Info

Hi again Gazza

As an alternative to Schnapps advice, which I have no problem with, you may want to buy a spare remote from Amazon, check out this URL:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=now+tv+remote&crid=ETF29EZIQLJ8&sprefix=Now+TV+%2Caps%2C217&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_7

You may find this option easier to deal with.

Also, you can check out the stick's features in the Help Pages, accessed in the green banner at the top of this screen.

UK Bob