cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick is crap

I’m at my wits end with this stick.

it wasn’t connecting to the WiFi (has done fine for the last few days, other devices working correctly)

I’ve reset the stick, it’s wiped it which would be fine but now the remote isn’t working. I’ve been turning it / my router off and on again for the last 6 hours and it’s still not working.

I imagine it’s a software issue but I can’t connect to the WiFi to update it. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom? Thrilled I’ve spent £££ on sky sports to have missed the f1 and football this afternoon! 

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

Which stick?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not 100% sure which one it is, it’s now tv/ Roku stick which has 4K? 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Um, does it have "NOW, or "Roku" written on it? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you have Factory Reset your Stick, then you need to re-pair its remote:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

There are two resets you can do on the Stick, by pressing the button on the side of it, a soft reset if you push it once, and a Factory Reset if you hold it down for more than 15 seconds.

I don’t know if you tried the soft reset first?

But see if the re-pair fixes things.

Otherwise, the Stick may have failed - these things fry themselves in a way that, curiously perhaps, the Roku Sticks they are based on don’t, perhaps because of all the extra processing Now demand.

In which case, your best bet is an Amazon Firestick, 4K if you can run to it, as a replacement.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.