cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick extension cable

I have been looking for an extension cable for my Nowtv stick, the normal plug will not fit behind our TV, which is fixed to the wall, and I need a cable that will fit the stick at back of TV, which I can then run behind the wall to a plug point below. the fittings have to fit the TV stick and Nowtv plug.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I remember correctly the power lead for the stick is an old Android connection (pre USB-C). You should be able to source one no bother from any retailer. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you need a longer cable between the Stick and USB adapter power plug, then look at longer USB micro to Standard USB cable.

I guessing your TV doesn't have a USB port on it rated at 5V DC 900ma or 0.9A to power the NOW Stick instead of the USB mains adapter? 

RoyB
Legend

I found a folding HDMI adaptor in Asda, £5, that let me have my Roku Stick dangling not quite vertically behind the TV when there wasn’t room for it to stick out.

I like it because it will swivel through 180 degrees; a right-angled adaptor would still have fouled on the TV casework.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/tv-accessories/asda-tech-hdmi-swivel-adapter/1000370064126?&cmpid...

I see that it shows as unavailable here, though 😢

You could also use a male HDMI to female HDMI extender cable, which has a short length of bendy HDMI cable between the plugs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.