cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick do i sign out when not using

just signed up with stick.  Do I have to sign out when not viewing in order to save Internet limit or does it disconnect automatically I do not want to have a big broadband bill to find out

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No need to sign out of the Stick, just maybe disconnect it from the mains if you are using the supplied power adapter.

If you are using power from the USB port on your television, you may find that when you put the TV into standby the Stick will switch off anyway (see if the white light on the Stick disappears when you put the TV in standby).

Also if you go into the Stick Settings under power save make sure the 20 minute box of no interaction is ticked and the Stick should power off anyway.

Also i believe if you go into the Stick Settings again under Network there is a Bandwidth Saver option you can set but all that does is either stops streaming after 4 hours of use or flags up a 4 hour reminder on screen can't remember which ( i have bandwidth saver off because my internet usage is not capped and i have NowTV running most of the day).