cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable

Hi, it’s saying on my tv screen “ Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable, please try again later” it’s been like this for a couple of days, tried unplugging both tv and stick but still nothing, I can get it on my iPad, can anyone help please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It seems a few people have encountered this message on their NowTV Box or Stick.

Don't know if there is anything in this link thread below helps (there is a couple of workarounds mentioned).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Sorry-Now-TV-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/537230 

I haven't seen this message myself on my NowTV box yet.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My stick had started having issues constantly crashing so I decided to reset it yesterday. Since then it's been worse than it was before. 

Every time I switch the TV on I get a black screen, I have to switch the power off then back on again then get the unavailable message before I can finally connect.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I”m using the app on my Samsung mu7000 tv & have just encountered this problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Working again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The back button worked for me. Thanks for your help on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help problem solved 😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also seeing this issue and don’t think it’s worth whitelisting entire ad networks just to be able to view content. Surely that’s a bug? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using pfSense router and pfBlockerNG which is similar to pihole. I had to disable the DNS ad blocking, and restart the DNS resolver. Then unplugged the Roku stick and plugged back in again. I suspect the stick is caching the DNS responses from the ad blocker. 

This resolved the issue. I could then re-enable the ad blocking DNS on pfsense whilst the stick was on and the stick continued to work as normal and other devices had their ad DNS queries sink'ed.

Adding the doubleclick and the other queries the stick was making to the whitelist, suggestions that have already been made, utterly defeats the purpose of the DNS sink and the device was being returned if it required these. doubleclickads and google are the single biggest ad providers on the net and whitelisting basically renders the DNS service pointless if you whitelist these.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As an update to the above, this would not work over reboot of the stick or if the TTL of the DNS query expired, so in the end I assigned the google DNS servers to the DHCP lease for the Roku MAC address and added allow outbound rules to the firewall for port 53/UDP to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from the statically assigned IP for the Roku stick. The fact that this is necessary for the stick to load the home screen is a joke. I got the NowTV stick as a temporary solution and it will stay that way. Note that this requires a relatively flexible router - any ISP routers that I have ever used do not have this level of customizability and I could not find a way to set IP/DNS config for the WIFI connection on the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Don’t know what the issue is, but I did manage to get some help from Now Tv, you need to go to your tv and press the reset button on your stick until it comes up with let’s get started, and then just follow the prompts and put in your login details and you should then be ok, hope this helps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, NOW is currently unavailable"

i'v tried everything and none of the advice on how to fix it works. NowTV sort this problem out. Very angry