cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable, please try again later

I keep getting message "Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable, please try again later" on my stick . Tried a factory reset and software update to no avail. Went through a load of troubleshooting steps with an agent last night,without resolution only to be cut off after he asked when i bought it.

Sky store is only thing that works.

Pressing home or tv guide buttons just takes me to a blank page with the above error message.

Any idea?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a Ad blocking software on your Router such has Pi-hole for example ?

Or have a BT Home Hub, where you need to enable "file sharing" on the BT Hub settings .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if there is anything in this linked thread below points you in the right direction, where there are a couple of threads about this error message.

Here's on example below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Sorry-Now-TV-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/537921/page/5 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

I'm using hotspot on my mobile. Up to 3 days ago it's been working fine. Tried two different phones, one 4g phone, one 5g phone. Same issue. 

The Now TV player works fine on my PC, and as I said the sky store is working fine on the stick, I just can't access TV guide or home page on the stick. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would have said look at if there is anything on your smartphone hotspot settings or if you are using a VPN on the smartphone to see if it's causing the error message, but you mentioned your PC is working with NOW on the same WiFi hotspot.

I haven't got any more ideas sorry (shame you haven't got a home Router with an ISP to compare against the mobile internet data off your phone to see if there was any difference).

There seems to be something blocking your NOW Stick, where i thought it might have been Ad- Blocking software or enabling file sharing based on other reports on the Community Forum.

Perhaps other Forum Members have some suggestions or ideas ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got it working it might be ad blocking software (personalDNSfilter) or firewall it might be the fact I put it in aeroplane mode for 10-minutes and then restarted the hotspot.

Going to have to monitor it in next day or so to track down what /which app is causing the issue. 

EDIT: it's the AdBlocker, not sure if you can disable it for WiFi but can't see option.