Not applicable

Smart stick

My screen has gone blank 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try pressing the small reset button on the smart stick or remove the power to the stick for a minute to see if the homepage re appears on screen.

Also make sure that you are on the correct HDMI input source on your TV which is connected to the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi yes we have tried all that and still doesn't work
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi yes we have tried all that and still doesn't work

Hi @Anonymous User 

this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but are you using a UK TV set or is it one that you brought over from elsewhere?

What's the make and model of your TV? And roughly how old is it?

I seem to remember there was something on the forum a while ago, where somebody had brought a TV set over from another country and they had trouble getting NowTV hardware to work with it.

@schnapps

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The smart stick worked last week so their is nothing wrong with our uk tv.
Can I speek to someone over the phone please.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using the supplied power mains adpator that came with the stick or the usb off your TV ?

Any coloured or white light showing on the stick when the TV is switched on and using the correct HDMI input source from your TV remote ?

Have you tried the stick on a second TV in your house (if available) just to temporary see if the stick works ?

There is always the possibility that the stick has developed an inherent fault and needs to be replaced under warranty from the Retailer that you purchased it from.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We are using the usb of the TV.
When the TV and stick are on the screen goes all pixelated
We have tried on s different tv, no go.
We brought it of now tv over the internet as they sent us an offer.
Can I speak to someone over the phone?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So is the screen blank or pixelated ?

If pixelated it might be a WiFi or internet speed issue, have you tried rebooting your router or checking the WiFi reception signal in the stick settings menu.

Also try these trouble shooting steps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

If you are still struggling, nowtv contact options in link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It goes pixelated then blank.
The router is fine as we have another now tv device and that's working fine
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What's the WiFi signal reception strength showing in the stick menu settings ?

If the strength is good and you have also tried the supplied power mains adpator that came with the stick instead of the usb port off your TV, then contact nowtv live chat for further assistance (link on my previous post).