cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart remote not working

I have recently changed broadband provider, and so I’ve been given a new broadband router. I have set this router up successfully, but I need to start up Now TV again, using my new Wi-fi details. I have tried to click on ‘Settings’ to connect my Now TV stick to my Wi-fi, however, my smart remote has suddenly stopped working so I’m unable to. It was working perfectly fine before and it has brand new batteries. I tried taking the batteries out, taking the power cable out of the Now TV stick, and then putting the batteries back in, but it didn’t work. I have tried re-pairing the remote, but that hasn’t worked either. I really don’t know what else to do. HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try the factory reset mentioned in my link, where hopefully when you setup the NowTV Stick again (use your existing account details and the new Network name and WiFi password from your new Router when prompted) the NowTV Smart Remote will repair with the Stick once again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I should also mention that after trying to re-pair the remote using the button inside the remote, the green light will not stop flashing. It has been flashing for over ten minutes!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try the factory reset mentioned in my link, where hopefully when you setup the NowTV Stick again (use your existing account details and the new Network name and WiFi password from your new Router when prompted) the NowTV Smart Remote will repair with the Stick once again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the factory reset twice, and it keeps telling me to pair the remote. The remote control is still not working and the green light is still flashing from when I re-paired it earlier this evening. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From memory you need to select the Network Name and enter the wifi password from the id label on your new Router before the smart remote controller goes through the repairing setup.

Maybe have one last go by holding in the small reset button on the Stick for 20 seconds whilst the Stick is powered on (use the supplied mains adapter) and change the HDMI input source on the television to which ever number the Stick is connected too.

If you haven't done it already insert new batteries into the NowTV Smart Remote.

Should you be going around in circles, then get in touch with NowTV live chat (click on the green chat online button from this link page below) to contact them for further assistance & help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint