cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcus71
Scholar

Smart Stick Problem

Hi All

I am having an issue with gaining access to programmes on our Smart Stick (Model 3801UK) since the weekend. When I ask for a programme on the voice or by search all is well then when trying to go to the episode we want it fails and we get this on screen " Sorry, NOW is currently unavailable. Please try again later. In Blue ( RETRY). None of the buttons on the remote activate. Have to switch off and try again. Restart get home page up and if in (Continue Watching) the programme and episode is there it will play.

Noted that for some reason in the "Settings" under System info and About it shows NOW Account Not Available but all the other info is correct. Oh not the Uptime has not moved further than 1 minute while writing this Monday did a "Factory Reset" and all was fine the yesterday back to square one. All my Memberships are up to date.

Thanks !!!!

So can anyone explain what the problem is or do I have to bin this one and buy NEW.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Marcus71
Scholar

Hi schnapps

Not been able to get back to you until today to say thanks for help with my query as have had no laptop due to broken charging port and broken charging lead.

After your first reply which had no effect set it back to Factory Mode again  which seemed to work and since then have not had any reoccurrence of that message. 

Hopefully will stay away now.

Regards 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marcus71 

Don't know if anything in this link thread helps or not.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/Tv-entitlements/m-p/575808#M4612 

Marcus71
Scholar

Hi schnapps

Given that a try and still got the same issue I'm afraid.

Been signing in again after the Factory Rest on the other Apps and they seem to be working.

Regards.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marcus71 

The "Sorry NOW is Currently Unavailable" is a quite common error message and there are various factors that may cause it.

If you are not running any Adblocking software, Privacy software or VPN on your Router and none of the basic trouble shooting measures help.

Then jump over to NOW live chat to see if they can figure out what's causing the message.

Click on the green chat online button from this link page below to contact the NOW live web chat service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

I occasionally see this message myself (mainly watching live NOW TV) but for me  jumping out of the live stream and then going back into it usually fixes it (though not ideal especially watching something like live Sports).

Marcus71
Scholar

Hi schnapps

Not been able to get back to you until today to say thanks for help with my query as have had no laptop due to broken charging port and broken charging lead.

After your first reply which had no effect set it back to Factory Mode again  which seemed to work and since then have not had any reoccurrence of that message. 

Hopefully will stay away now.

Regards