cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Arts has been removed from my Freeview

Since installing the Now TV Stick, channels 7 and 11 are now no longer listed on my Freeview, meaning the only way for me to watch Sky Arts now is to buy the Entertainment Pass for £9.99 a month. I have signed up for a 7 day free trial. However I will not pay for a channel which is "free to view".

I have removed the Now TV Stick from my television, and completed a full retune, but chanels 7 and 11 are still not listed !

How do I get these channels back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ceejay_London
Scholar

Freeview channel reception should be completely unrelated to your Now TV stick. Now TV uses your home WiFi, Freeview uses your TV aerial.

It sounds like it's a coincidence that you have an aerial signal problem at the same time that you have installed the Now TV stick.

Note that if you have a signal problem you will also be missing Freeview channels like Sky News, Pick TV and Dave as they are all carried on the same frequency.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Both Freeview channels 7 & 11 are working fine on my television inbuilt TV tuner with the NowTV Stick connected when watching Freeview from my local TV transmitter down in South Wales.

Sounds to me that there might be a signal issue with your local Transmitter or Multiplex.

See which Multiplex you are using from this website.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes 

Maybe add you details to this website tool to see if there is any issues or scheduled maintenance work in your post code area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/check-for-transmitter-faults/#/undefined 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've checked both of those thanks. No faults found, and the signal is very
strong. It just seems weird that both channels were there until I started
using the Now Stick.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe double check the aerial wiring, just in case the TV aerial wiring came loose when you installed the NowTV Stick and undertake a fresh TV channel scan on your television again.

Can't see how the NowTV Stick would cause the loss of the Freeview channels unless a cable wire came loose or the Stick / Stick power cable was causing some sort of TV interference.

I am guessing you haven't got any other Freeview devices to check if channels 7 & 11 are missing.

Sorry i couldn't offer any other advice.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @schnapps channel 7 is a local programming service called 'that's TV' and isn't available in all areas. I'm in London and don't receive it. You can check if you should receive it here

http://www.thats.tv/about-us/

Depending on the make of your TV you should have the option to do a manual tune, rather than automatic. Freeview do advise that manual tuning is more accurate and will help restore lost channels. Instructions on how to do this are at the bottom of this link

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/manual-retune

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If it was a bad connection issue, surely channel 11 would be listed but
display a poor quality picture, or even just fuzz. Odd that the other 79
channels are all OK.

I've checked all the connections, and re-tuned 3 times today. I've spent 5
hours trying to get it sorted, and it's driving me nuts.

I can only assume that it has something to do with the Now Stick, my Sky
Account and Passes to which I don't subscribe. (apart from being on day 2
of a 7 day free trial of the entertainment pass).

I think I'll remove the device from my account, or even delete my account
to see if that solves the issue......hopefully I can re-activate it if
necessary.

Thanks for your help

Ceejay_London
Scholar

Freeview channel reception should be completely unrelated to your Now TV stick. Now TV uses your home WiFi, Freeview uses your TV aerial.

It sounds like it's a coincidence that you have an aerial signal problem at the same time that you have installed the Now TV stick.

Note that if you have a signal problem you will also be missing Freeview channels like Sky News, Pick TV and Dave as they are all carried on the same frequency.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, you're a star. I think you've solved it,  I can't get either Dave or Pick ! Must be that storm we had the other night moved the aerial maybe.

Thanks

Ceejay_London
Scholar

With Freeview TV often it's a case of either you get it, or you drop off a cliff and you don't if the signal drops by a little bit.

Also there have been a lot of frequency changes over the past 2-3 years to make space for 5G mobiles, so a lot of old aerials may be marginal for receiving all channels now. You may find it best to ask an expert to check your installation and whether the aerial is optimal for getting all the channels that are available in your location now.

There was a scheme to change peoples aerials for free as part of the frequency change process, but as the final changes were made earlier last year I am not sure if it is still running. It may be that you were lucky to hang onto a signal until now, where really you should have got a new aerial.