cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up a NOW TV Stick for parents

Hi, I'd like to set up a NowTV stick on my TV for my parents so they only have to enter their wifi code. Is this possible or will all the account details (NowTV, BBC, ITV etc) all need to be re-entered when they plug it in?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never tried this myself, but would have thought in theory that if you parents trust you with their nowtv login account details (assuming they a!ready have an existing account) then i suppose it would work where you could setup the stick remotely at somebody else's home.

You will also need to use their necessary email address when setting up the BBC iPlayer App, All 4 App etc on the Stick.

When you setup the Stick the TV on/off and volume adjust buttons on the stick remote will be matched to your television infra red command codes and this will also need to be altered which can be a little awkward when you give the stick to your parents.

The bit i am not one hundred percent sure about, is that the stick remote controller works over direct wifi and because the stick is setup initially on your Router, will the stick respond straight away off your parents Router when they need to go into the stick settings under Network, Set up Connection to change to their wifi network.

Would have thought it would work because people take their stick with them when staying at Hotels or going to their Holiday home etc.

Once the stick is hopefully connected on your parents wifi network and running, then to change the on/off TV and volume adjust buttons on the stick to match your parents television you need to go into the stick settings under Remotes, where there is an option to Set up remote for TV control.

You may have to work through all the different code number variations by following the instructions on screen (for my Panasonic TV there was about 30 different combination of codes available that you had to say yes or no if the music stopped and can take about 15 minutes to go through all the codes if nothing works).

Anyway hope it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Guess I'll just have to give it a go and see.