cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scottish accent

I'm wondering if there is any software update available- just got a stick but find I have to put on an English accent for the remote to understand me! I have an edinburgh/ fife Scottish accent and haven't used any Scottish words but the voice recognition just doesnt work for me in my normal voice.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm wondering if there is any software update available- just got a stick but find I have to put on an English accent for the remote to understand me! I have an edinburgh/ fife Scottish accent and haven't used any Scottish words but the voice recognition just doesnt work for me in my normal voice.

I don’t think such a thing exists for something like a Now Tv stick/box only suggestion is simply slow down when you are using the voice search option. I have had the same issue with my Smart Tv it is frustrating but if you think about it logically there are more regional accents that are harder to understand than one from Edinburgh. North of England being the classic example. Stick with it you will get there in the end.

cheers