cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Returning a device/refund

Does anyone know if you need a smart tv for the smart sticks to function?

More importantly, there is no information on returning devices ordered from the NowTV website directly. I have just placed an order but shouldn't have. I can't cancel it but I do want to return it. Is it as simple as any other online returns?

Many thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don't need a smart television to use the nowtv stick or watch nowtv.

Where you just need a spare HDMI port on your television and an internet connection around about 2.5Mbps or greater.

Have a read of this help article about returning an item to nowtv.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories

If you want to cancel the stick, click on the blue Get in Touch button on the RHS of the above link and select the most appropriate help topic, then move towards the bottom of the screen and click the drop down arrow below Get in Touch.

Once you have clicked the Get in Touch drop down arrow hopefully a live chat button will appear on your screen to contact.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don't need a smart television to use the nowtv stick or watch nowtv.

Where you just need a spare HDMI port on your television and an internet connection around about 2.5Mbps or greater.

Have a read of this help article about returning an item to nowtv.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories

If you want to cancel the stick, click on the blue Get in Touch button on the RHS of the above link and select the most appropriate help topic, then move towards the bottom of the screen and click the drop down arrow below Get in Touch.

Once you have clicked the Get in Touch drop down arrow hopefully a live chat button will appear on your screen to contact.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just found this article under the NowTV Help Centre.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-cancel-my-now-tv-box-stick-order

Even though it says on the article that you won't be able to stop the delivery process once the stick has been ordered, i would still try live chat.

Otherwise, once the stick arrives, contact live chat to arrange for a return of an item that your accidentally ordered.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ordered and received a smart Tv stick it feels very hot when it is in the tv so I have decided to change to a monthly pass so I need to return it how do I do this

David

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How will changing to a monthly pass help, and what will you watch it on if your Stick goes back?

But Sticks do get hot; I run mine off a USB port on the TV, which is powered down when the TV goes into Standby, so the Stick is only on when the TV is on.

Another possible solution is to get a short male/female HDMI extender cable, so you can have the Stick out in free air, rather than close to the back of the TV, possibly itself hot, and certainly not well ventilated.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, On the 16th of October, I shipped a return to NOWTV and have yet to receive a refund. Who can assist with this? I have confirmed with Royal Mail that NOWTV has received the device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have an email or contact number so I can contact directly my sticks aren’t working and I want a refund or replacements 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all. They couldn't cancel my order but I managed to get a refund processed and I just have to refuse the parcel when it arrives by post.