cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remotes

Hi wonderful people, I have finally a nowtv stick Wi-fi direct remote. Will this work with my roku express ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

i just managed to dig out my old Roku Express and my NOW Stick smart voice remote didn't work on the Roku Express even when they was both setup on the 2.4ghz wifi band on the same home network.

So it looks like a no go on this front 😡 (unless somebody has had success with it).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I can't remember for the life of me, if the Roku Express worked with my Now original voice smart remote or not.

If it can operate your Roku Express you need to be on the same WiFi home network frequency has the NOW Stick.

From memory the Roku Express only runs on the 2.4ghz wifi band (unless the newer version runs both).

So your NOW Stick must be setup on the same wifi network and wifi frequency has your Roku Express in the first instance.

If you want to use the TV standby and TV volume buttons on the remote with the television that you use the Roku Express on then you need to setup the NOW Stick on that particular television which connected to the Roku Express.

If you are going to use the single NOW Smart voice remote across two different televisions, then the TV standby and volume buttons will only work on one television (ie the television that you setup the TV standby button and volume TV buttons on).

You can't share two televisions with one single NOW Smart voice remote and expect the TV standby and volume buttons to operate two different brand televisions which uses different IR command codes.

Should you manage to get the NOW smart voice remote operating the  Roku Express (like i said i can't remember if i got mine working or not with my old Roku Express that i don't use anymore).

Then the quick access buttons on the NOW Smart Voice Remote will not work, nor does the voice command button on the Roku Express.

No harm giving it a go if you already have received the new replacement NOW Smart voice remote (it will either work with limited buttons or not at all).

For a chance of it working you must be on the same wifi network in your home.

I know my NOW boxes worked with the NOW voice smart remote (with limited button capacity) but i can't remember if either my Roku Stick Plus or Roku Express did.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

i just managed to dig out my old Roku Express and my NOW Stick smart voice remote didn't work on the Roku Express even when they was both setup on the 2.4ghz wifi band on the same home network.

So it looks like a no go on this front 😡 (unless somebody has had success with it).