cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote turning tv off but not Nowtv stick

When I power off using the Nowtv remote my tv powers down but the tv stick stays on, if I power up after a short time the screen saver is on but if I power my tv after a longer time I just get a blank blue screen and I have to reset the Nowtv stick by removing the usb from the power supply and reconnecting after 30 seconds and that gets the nowtv stick to work

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The on / off button on the nowtv stick remote controller is for switching your TV to standby and vice versa and is not designed to switch off and on the nowtv stick.

With regards to the screen saver you can either disable it or change the time frame from 1 to 30 minutes by going into the stick menu settings.

The blank blue screen sounds to me like a HDMI conflict between the stick and your television, perhaps try a different HDMI port on your television with the stick and see if using the supplied power adpator that comes with the stick makes any difference when it comes to the blue screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so is the remote not for turning the tv stick on and off if not is the stick designed to stay on all the time

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are connecting the stick to your USB port on the television, then when you switch the television into the standby mode it should drop the power to the stick.

It does with my Roku stick with my Panasonic TV, where the light goes from white to off, then when i press the on / off button on the Roku stick remote controller when my television is in the standby mode off it will restart my television and the Roku stick will re boot back to life with the Roku start up screen on my TV.

Should you use the supplied power adpator that came with the stick, then yes the stick will remain on in low power mode, similar to the nowtv boxes until you disconnect it at the mains outlet socket.

I tend to leave my boxes powered on at the mains where it consumes a small amount of power for any overnight software builds pushed out to the boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it doesn't turn off it must be using internet allowance mustn't it?