cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote pairing…. Please help

Ok so we have a now tv stick and due to my tv being an older model it recently was removed from being able to stream now tv, so I’ve borrowed my daughters from her tv as she much prefers to watch tv on her phone. I’ve tried everything hard re set, replacing the batteries, changing the USB port, re setting my router and the remote still isn’t pairing… how can it work on a tv (much older than mine and a matter of metres away) and not on mine it’s driving me crazy, it will switch my tv on and control the volume but can’t get past the pairing remote screen?

31 REPLIES 31
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it is stuck on the language screen page and pressing the directional buttons on the remote doesn't do anything nor pressing the OK button on the remote when really close to the Stick then it sounds like there is a problem with the NOW remote.

I am out of ideas apart from test the Stick on maybe a family Member or friends house or possibly look at a new Roku or Amazon Fire Stick.

What is baffling the Stick worked on your Daughter's TV which suggests the wifi signal was ok between Router, Stick and Remote, then going back and reconnecting to your Daughter's TV (including a factory reset if necessary) you are stuck on the language setup screen page.

Perhaps other forum members have got some further ideas / suggestions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do really appreciate your help!! Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also is the white light on the Stick permanently on when the Stick is powered up ?

If it's flashing a white light after you have connected to your Router wifi Network it could be a wifi reception signal problem that is the cause hence the remote can't seem to pair with the Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I pair the stick without the remote, not sure if that’s a stupid question? I’m going to give it all another go now whilst I’m on lunch, the perks of working from home…

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a constant white light on the stick, when I spoke to someone from now via chat yesterday they said my IP address was reporting from US which could be causing an issue but my router/wifi hasn’t changed so I’m confused.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

if your Router IP address was showing outside the UK i would be surprised it would be having any influence on the initial setup of the Stick until possibly the six digit activation code stage on your television screen when you are asked to type the six digit Stick activation code on the NOW website address page indicated on your television screen.

Anyway it might be a good idea to see if this website link tool below reports back your correct ISP and IP address is located somewhere in the UK.

https://www.whatismyip.com 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah it’s not showing the US it’s correct where it’s showing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did the person on live chat ask you to unplug the power to your Router for around 30 minutes to see if it would automatically acquire a new IP address in the UK ?

Also if you are using a VPN on your Router disable it and any adblocking software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not sure I am only because I don’t know what this means, sorry.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that website link tool reported back a UK location then don't bother about the 30 minutes power down on your Router.

Sorry i am out of ideas on what's causing you to be stuck on the language setup screen and can't progress any further on screen (it's been a couple of years since i have setup a NOW branded device).

You could type something in the Community Search box typing something like "stuck on language setup screen" where i have known this to have been reported in the past on the forum.