cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote not working

I've found myself in a very unfortunate position in lockdown with no home Wi-Fi. I wanted to tether my NOW TV stick to my phone but my remote control doesn't work and I discovered the remote control app I've been using on my phone won't connect to my mobile data it only looks for Wi-Fi. Is there any way of getting hold of a replacement working remotet? (I can't afford to pay for a new NOW TV stick) or does anyone know of a remote control app that will connect to mobile data?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if this will work because my mobile phone doesn't have mobile internet data on it to test this out.

With the television and stick powered on, hold in the reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds to factory reset the stick.

Then when you setup the stick again use your phone has a wifi hotspot with your mobile data, then hopefully the stick and nowtv remote will work on your mobile data via the mobile phone wifi hotspot.

No guarantee it will work (unless anybody else on the forum has a better suggestion).

Just a word of caution if it does work then using NowTV will eat into your mobile data capacity if you have a capped allowance where you could be looking at somewhere around 2 to 3 Gb per a movie has a rough estimate guess.

Hopefully somebody else on the forum will have a much simpler idea which is known to work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but I discovered that even with a working remote control you need WiFi to use it! But I don't have a remote that works, (stopped working long ago). Cant set up any wifi connection on the stick without a remote to access it.