cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control compatable with Now stick

Where on earth can I purchase a remote control that’s compatable with the Now stick. My remote no longer works 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It does seem extremely difficult to find replacement NOW Smart voice remote controllers and the ones that are being sold are going for over inflated prices and it would be better getting a cheap Roku Express or Amazon Fire Stick.

What i would try is these instructions below again on your original NOW remote (unless it has been physically damaged).

I find following these instructions carefully and from my experience it's important to use fresh new batteries and disconnect the usb power cable from the Stick to allow it to power off.

1. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Smart Stick or Smart Box, wait 5 seconds and then reconnect it.
  3. When you see the home screen on your TV, put the batteries back in the remote.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, you'll need to replace your batteries.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Smart Stick or Smart Box.

Also until you have a functional working remote, make sure you don't factory reset the Stick if you are going to use the free Roku Remote App on your smartphone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It does seem extremely difficult to find replacement NOW Smart voice remote controllers and the ones that are being sold are going for over inflated prices and it would be better getting a cheap Roku Express or Amazon Fire Stick.

What i would try is these instructions below again on your original NOW remote (unless it has been physically damaged).

I find following these instructions carefully and from my experience it's important to use fresh new batteries and disconnect the usb power cable from the Stick to allow it to power off.

1. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Smart Stick or Smart Box, wait 5 seconds and then reconnect it.
  3. When you see the home screen on your TV, put the batteries back in the remote.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, you'll need to replace your batteries.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Smart Stick or Smart Box.

Also until you have a functional working remote, make sure you don't factory reset the Stick if you are going to use the free Roku Remote App on your smartphone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for advice. Unfortunately I did reset the stick before I saw your message. I give up now and will just purchase the Amazon fire stick package. It’s impossible to purchase a new remote, I trawled all the shops Now tv told me would sell them. None of them did, Currys said Now Tv wouldn’t be in service soon so that’s made my mind up more so.