cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote/changed wifi

Can anyone help?
The first issue is I lost my nowtv remote. 
I solved this by downloading a remote app via my phone which worked. 
The second issue is I upgraded my Wi-Fi which changed the Wi-Fi code. This meant I could no longer access nowtv via the remote app. 
Which brings me back to my first issue - the lost remote. I have tried in vain to buy a new remote to pair the remote with the tv. It seems the only solution is to buy another nowtv stick and remote. 
Can anyone help? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You will be very lucky to purchase a replacement stick as they are no longer manufactured. 
If you were to pay for a new stick I would strongly recommend either an Amazon fire stick or Roku stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you still got the old Router ?

If so, or you can remember the old Router SSID Network and Wifi password then use this information on your new Router.

Or if you still have the old Router then just power it up but don't connect it to the internet and leave new Router working as normal.

Then see if the Roku App will let you go into the NOW / Roku player Settings under Network to connect over wifi to your new Router details.

Just make sure the phone or tablet that has the Roku remote App needs to be connected to the old wifi network and password to undertake the above (so you may have to temporary change these settings on your phone or tablet to access the NOW / Roku player Network Settings).

If it was me I would purchase a new Roku player or Fire Stick and use a physical supplied remote controller.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your replies I really appreciate it. I think I will just buy a new fire stick  - no doubt after I buy it my lost remote will suddenly reappear. Thanks again