cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote battery life

Has anyone had issues with the amount of times they need to keep changing the batteries in their remote?

At the moment I'm having to replace my batteries every 3 months.

That surely can't be right?

12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you saying that @schnapps is wrong here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Lost-Now-tV-stick-remote/m-p/573918/highlight/true#M8107

then?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't know about that 

Probably the guy is right

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Certainly the guy is right.

We might all wish that the Roku app could entirely replace a physical remote, but there is this insurmountable gotcha.

And given that sooner or later (and most probably sooner) any Now Stick is going to need a reset, and they all use the advanced remote that needs to be paired, then either we have to keep a physical remote batteried up in readiness, or keep one without batteries in, and cross our fingers that it will still pair OK when we put the batteries back in (if we can find them), with the reset device 😥

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.