cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Redeeming NowTV Stick code?!

I have code for a free NowTV stick from over a year ago and wasn't quick to redeem it because the email states the code can be redeemed anytime before 31/12/2022.

Now I tried to redeem but your website, while it accepts the code and says "Free Now TV stick" £0.00 it gives an error message at checkout after asking for payment details... Your website doesn't offer them for sale anymore perhaps that's the issue??

Regardless, I was told I could redeem until the end of this year... so I'd like to speak or live chat to someone about this to discuss equivalent alternatives if you cannot post one out directly.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's not for a free NOW stick, it will be a free Amazon Fire Stick. You need to go onto Amazon and apply the voucher for an Amazon Fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There are no more NowTV Sticks being sold or supplied in the UK, though if by any chance you are in Eire, you can still get them there; but you must take care to use the Eire NowTV site.

However, if you are in the UK, that would explain the error when you tried to redeem the code. But I would not have thought you would have got even as far as you did with Now if this had been an Amazon code, though ICBW.

I thought the Stick offers were for people with a white Now box that Now discontinued, and the offer would have expired a while ago; are you sure it wasn’t 31/12/2021?

I didn’t know that Now were issuing free Firesticks a year ago, as @gavs82008 describes, but certainly I was able to get one of these after Now stopped working on my 2015 Samsung TV in September, though that offer only runs to 2nd November.

However, while you can’t speak to anyone at Now about this with your voice (they won’t talk to us that way 😢), you can use Live Chat. Here’s a link to save you possibly hours of fruitless searching for it:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot designed to assist you in navigating the Help, but which seems to have a blind spot for Live Chat, especially when you are already on the right screen anyway.

If fortune smiles on you, Live Chat may swap your Now Stick code for a Firestick one for you, though that is up to them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB @Anonymous User 

Doh, sorry I misread the "year ago bit", it's still morning and only one coffee!
Well I know that certain TV's no longer became unsupported and some forum users have said they were offered a free Amazon Fire Stick. 

@Anonymous User  use the method described by @RoyB  to speak to Live chat and hopefully they can help. However the NOW branded sticks are no longer being made, so it is highly unlikely you will get one from NOW.

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

no longer became unsupported’?

Get that second coffee down you fast! 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Balls 🤣 and now I have left it too late to edit the post! 😠