cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Redeem voucher

I have just activated a new device which I bought with a sky sports pass but I didn't want the 30 day sports pass to begin until I was ready. However it looks like it activated automatically 

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, that’s right, that’s what it does.

Only the Day Pass will wait until you are ready to use it,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Normally the passes go in here https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-vouchers until you are ready to activate them.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

It is important not to let misinformation stand on the Community:-

Your Pass will start right away, unless it's a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass, in which case you can choose to start it any time that suits you, within a year of purchase. When you’re ready to start your 24 hours or 7 days of sport, just start watching and your Pass will activate automatically.

So Week Pass as well as Day Pass, but not Month Pass. I’ve never seen a Week Pass on a Stick, though.

There are corner cases where a Pass from a Stick, other than a Day or Week Sports Pass, might go into the area from where they need to be redeemed; these are when there is already a pass or passes of the same type active or pending such that you are covered for more than one month ahead.

But ‘Normally’ is not ever the case here, and nor does the above apply to @Anonymous User ‘s particular circumstances.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

@RoyB  You are wrong again.  The passes on the stick are not activated immediately. They are placed in a holding area to be activated when required.  Like this.  You choose when to activate them and the passes you already have on your account are irrelevant.

Screenshot_20200518-222909.pngScreenshot_20200518-222607.png

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I tried it just now, activated a new stick with an entertainment and sports day pass and they were activated immediately.  Only had a cinema pass previously.  
Never used to do that.  Was as described by @starman73 previously.

starman73
Elite

Interesting.  I guess the advice is don’t activate your stick until you want to use the pass.  Also pretty inconvenient.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 @Anonymous User @SweetBlitz 

Yes, not ideal.

Especially for the guy who bought a Stick with free Passes for everything on it, and didn’t even notice the ones he wasn’t interested in fired up, ran, and started costing him after 7 days.

@starman73 , I am guessing that the only way you could have got the pass situation shown on those screenshots, except for the One-Day Sports Pass, is to have activated a number of Sticks with bundled free passes on an account or accounts with running passes already, and for more than a month into the future.

i.e. the corner case I described above. And it can’t be done with paper passes, either.

Or have I missed a trick here, and there is another way of achieving it?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

an account with running passes already, and for more than a month into the future.

That works because I have a cinema pass that was on an offer until November.  And the day pass that comes with it also goes in there as there is another day pass ready to go. Better put the sports pass on before I activate the day pass...

F2DCD0F5-640A-4247-8931-849C673BD9A6.png

3A686921-9279-45F8-BC1C-1D7226D20F55.png

starman73
Elite

Be careful - now tv cancelled my passes. These were both there earlier this week but now they are gone.

Screenshot_20200518-222909.pngstarman73_0-1580491818555.png