cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with TV turning off

Hi

when I first turn TV on the home screen will appear and then the screen will go blank and then alternate between the two for several minutes.  This could last for differing about of times.  Sometimes longer than others.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you are using a NowTV stick?

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your television? 

Are you using the power adapter that came with the stick or power off the USB port on your television? 

Try both options if you can and make sure the power cable off the stick isn't loose or damaged in some way. 

If the problem persists maybe see if anything in this trouble shooting guide helps. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

If no luck, would you have another television in the home to temporary test the NowTV stick on to see if the problem still happens on a different televisions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks for responding. We tried another HDMI port but the TV kept reverting bk HDMI1.

We use the power off the USB port on the TV.

It is not too much of a problem as the TV does eventually ‘sort itself out’ and stops swapping from Home screen to blank screen but wondered if there was an easy solution to this problem that someone else has experienced.

Thanks for your help

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try the steps on the linked trouble shooting guide that i posted ?

Did you try the supplied power adapter that came with your Stick instead of the USB port off your television.

Did you temporarily try the Stick on another television in your home (if you own a second TV) ?

Another thing you could try is go into your television menu settings and under CEC HDMI control temporary switch it off or on to see if it makes any difference.