cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey3
Observer

Prices

Hi, I'm paying the £9.99 a month for nowtv, I'm not really sure what I've got included with that if anyone could help me? Also, do I still need to pay for Netflix and Disney plus on there or is that included in the now price? 

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Stacey3 

Go to My Membership on your online account and it should show what TV Membership you have.

You could also check on your NOW Stick by clicking on the Gear Wheel icon from the main home screen then clicking on My Account.

£9.99 per month is either the Entertainment or Cinema Membership.

With a NOW TV Membership you don't get Netflix or Disney Plus and have to subscribe to these service separately if you want them.

Stacey3
Observer

Yes it's the entertainment package that I'm paying for, thank you for your reply. 

Do you know if I cancel the membership I'm paying for will I still have the Disney plus option available or does that go? As I'm not really watching anything on now TV except Disney plus and BBC iplayer, I've just cancelled my Netflix subscription as I'm not watching that either 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Stacey3 

If you cancel your NOW Entertainment Membership (approx four to five steps on your online account) you can still use Apps such has Netflix, Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer on the NOW Stick.

What you mustn't do is carry out a full factory reset on your Stick.

Otherwise when you setup the Stick again in the future from a factory reset it will ask you to either start a 7 day trial (if still offered by NOW) or purchase one of their TV Memberships to trigger both the Stick and other Apps on the Stick such has Netflix etc.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Stacey3 Your £9.99 could be either entertainment or cinema, depending which you signed up for. Netflix, Disney+, and for that matter, Paramount+ each require a separate subscription to the appropriate company.

If you’re not sure which subscription you have, log on to your account (My Account at the top of the page) and check the details under Membership Details.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Stacey3 

Here's some information about the NOW Entertainment Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

And here's some information about the separate NOW Cinema Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cinema-membership 

RoyB
Legend

@Stacey3 

Try watching a movie. if it lets you, you have a Cinema membership. If it asks you to subscribe, then you have an Entertainment membership, and you should back out 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Stacey3
Observer

Yes I think it's the entertainment membership, what makes you say about backing out? 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Backout, rather than hit subscribe!  If you have, like and wish to keep the Entertainment membership then try cancelling via My Account, you might find after a few clicks (are you sure? etc) that they offer you a better deal.  😉