cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor Quality Stream - NowTv Stick - Apple Tablet ok

What has happened to the TV stream!! I've never had a problem until this weekend, where what seems to be after an update the quality is like watching through my frosted bathroom window.

The stream starts ok then after a few minutes the quality starts to gradually decrease, sometimes I've seen this happen before but the quality quickly improves again (based on internet speed).

What i think has happened is the new software update seems to have removed the function to improve the bitrate of the video when the wifi quality / internet improves. So it's a constant cut to the bitrate with no improvement. 

The router is less than a meter from the tv stick.

The stream works fine on my apple tablet.

I'm using the nowtv stick (3801UK) with update 9.3.3 (build 4104-56) and other channels that i've tried ,channel 4, itv and bbc i can watch them live without issue

I've tried restarting the router, nowtv stick and tv for good measure

I've used the chatbot to try get some additional help and to my surprise it's worse than a google search. I just want to talk to a support agent!

We pay all this money to nowtv and they cant even be bothered to have proper support agents.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sid,

Are you still having problems?

I got the following response from them suggesting i try removing the boost package. Do you have the boost package?

Sorry to hear that you are still facing inconvenience with the NOW TV Stick but I have investigated your case details from the beginning and I have some information to share with you to get this query resolved for you.

Firstly, with the recent software update on the NOW TV Stick, we did not alter any changes with the network. We just updated the stick to improve the customer experience and that had nothing to do with the network queries as everything shall remain the same.

Secondly, on 24/10/2020, it was a temporary issue which has been already resolved.

After checking your internet speed details, you mentioned you have download speed of 9 mbps. 

With NOW TV Boost Month Pass in your account, it allows you to watch on 3 devices instead of 2 devices but require a minimum speed of 12 mbps on each device as all the contents are automatically played in 1080p.

In order to try and resolve your query, I would like to suggest you 3 steps :

1. Remove the Boost pass from your account completely for few days and check if that is causing us the trouble or not 
2. If that does not works, while watching NOW TV, turn off all the devices connected to WiFi apart from NOW TV Stick and check if that works for you
3. If both the steps does not works, then possibly the networak speed is less for all the devices of your household to work at the same time. Hence request you to contact your service provider and ask them to increase your internet speed so that it can resolve your query

After the first trouble shooting step, please let us know if this resolves your query or not so that we can move to second and third step.

UNQUOTE