cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture Quality - Sky Sports

Hi, when watching sky sports football, i get a shaded rectangle across 1/3 of the screen. It seems to be when the picture goes from SD to HD. (it is not there on adverts or on some other sjy sports channels) If i press the home button on the remote, you can see the same shaded area momentarily until all of the apps appear. any ideas how to resolve please? this has only just appeared having worked fine and without issue for a couple of months.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update it is across all sky sports channels and reduced picture quality / viewing pleasure considerably

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here watching on Now TV box. My mates is the same too. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

If you are seeing a square darker shadow in the top left corner of your TV screen using a NowTV Box or Stick then try this workaround below.

Go to Apps Store, then select the NowTV App, then click on Go to App, then once on the old UI go to the Sports and watch from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps This has solved the problem! Thanks so much!😁 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked for me. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the work around. Shame every week there seems to be another issue to overcome. The more that goes wrong the more I'm tempted to not pay a premium for a shoddy service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Works but the video quality is not as good!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like 1080p 50fps on my NowTV box.

I believe there is some fog in Liverpool tonight, maybe that's what you are seeing if you are watching tonight's match.

What's the picture quality like on the other six Sky Sports Channels if you are using Boost with a 50fps supported device ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Foggy in the top left corner of Liverpool then?!

he he I’ve only checked sky sports main and football - both the same but watchable now without the rectangle