cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now TV stick intermittently goes off line in the middle of programmes. Also everytime I click to go to Home, I get a holding page saying checking connection, loading homepage, as if I was switching on for the first time.  I have fibre broadband at 100mbps. The router is a foot away from the stick and TV.  Is the stick faulty? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best point of action would be to ensure the software is up to date. 
Then set it back to factory settings. As this often squashes bugs on the device.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User with regards to your stick losing connection it could be one of a myriad of reasons but the "checking connection" "loading homepage" is normal and will happen every time you go to the homepage when using a NowTV branded device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thank you for the replies. I tried the full reset but it's still happening - in the middle of a programme, it says you are offline or internet connection lost.  I would ditch the stick and just access Now through my smart TV, but

that doesn't give me  access to my Disney+ app. I'll reach out to my broadband provider to see if they can help. Thanks again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have tried a different wifi channel and if your Router is dual band compatible, you have tried the Stick on both 2.4ghz & 5ghz bands ?

Have you tried another HDMI port on your television with the Stick ?

Would you have another television in the home (even if it's further away from the Router in another room to temporary test out the Stick) ?

Some people have mixed success using a small HDMI fly lead extender cable with the NowTV Stick, which moves the Stick away slightly from the casing of the back of the television which sometimes helps with the wifi reception and heat dissipation from the Stick.

Personally if possible, i would always recommend a streaming device that works over hard wired Ethernet rather than wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much. I'll try all of these ideas!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing i would be tempted to try is if you are using the USB port off your television for the Stick power, try the power supplied adapter that came with the Stick or vice versa.

Your television USB port needs to be 900MA or higher when using it with the Stick for power.

I doubt this will have any bearing, but it might be worth trying just in case a temporary loss of power is causing the Stick to lose it's internet connection.