cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv stick setup error can someone please help?

Hi I bought a now tv stick today

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I set it up it asked for a code to be entered on my phone.  I done this and set up a nowtv account.  It then went back to the "get started" page.  When I press get started it says "oops something went wrong please press back"  I do that and get stuck in a cycle of these 2 pages

I tried a factory reset etc and nowtv online chat told me to return it to asda which I did.

I set up the new box and at the part where it gives the activation code I entered it and the website says "is this you david" so recognised my account.

I chose yes and got put back to the "get started" screen again and am now stuck in the same 2 screen cycle!!

Can someone help with this as I am getting this error on 2 different boxes now!!

Get startedhttps://ibb.co/xLKC34f

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i would try setting up the stick again, but this time if you own a smart phone try using the  phone has a wifi hotspot to see if you get past the error message on screen.

Then if so once the stick is ready to use, go back into the stick network settings and re connect to the home network router over wifi.

Also, make sure that you are not using a VPN or any additional security software on the router that is blocking the setup progress of the stick.

If still no joy, then maybe switch the power off to the router for about 30 minutes just in case a rouge IP address is causing the error message during setup. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I hAve factory reset the device.

Tried using mobile hotspot to connect and as soon as I get to the "get started" page the same thing happens.  I press get started and am taken to a page saying oops something went wrong.  Surely 2 boxes wouldn't be faulty?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now tried:

2 different sticks

3 different tvs

My home broadband

My mobile hotspot

Factory reset on new stick

I choose "accept agreement"

The screen briefly displays "activation" and then goes to the get started screen 

I choose "get started" and it takes me to "oops something went wrong"

What a pile of crap biggest waste of £20 ever

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Urgent-set-up-error-help/td-p/491188

I am having the exact same problem now with a nowtv box!!   (See post above) Can anyone at all help with this as online help are beyond useless

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi David

You problem seems to be unique and contagious, it's spreading from your Now TV sticks to your Now TV box, which is unusual.

That said, it seems to me that whatever is affecting your devices must be something that is common to all, such as the Internet, your router, your security software (e.g. firewall) or the browser you are using.

Therefore, I would suggest you look at the item you, or your ISP, has recently updated that is likely to affect all the devices on your home network.

Once found, you will be able to adjust the necessary settings to return your system back to normal operation.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply however I have also tried unplugging my broadband and phone line completely and using mobile hotspot and doing a factory reset and can never get back to the activation code page after the fiirst time of the error appearing on each device.  Genuinely can't figure it out

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I moved from bt to sky last week but can't see any router settings that could be affecting this and as said have tried mobile hotspot too?!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For three different new nowtv devices not to work, then this would suggest to me some sort of conflict between the devices and your Router / ISP.

Did you try switching the power off to the router for 30 minutes ?

If Sky is your ISP and you are using a Sky Router, then maybe try factory resetting the Sky router by holding the small reset button for about 10 secs.

Also if your Sky Shield software is enabled, then maybe try temporary disabling it.

The only other thing that i could suggest (which might not be practically possible in your particular case) is to take the nowtv box or stick to a friends or family members house if they live local and see if the nowtv device can be setup on their home network.